Create a Custom Drop-down List with Data Validation in Excel. To create a drop-down list which changes according to what the user selects in an original drop-down list can be done with an IF statement in the data validation function of Excel. In the Ribbon, select Data > Data Tools > Data Validation.
Drop Down List with If Statement - Automate Excel
www.automateexcel.com > how-to > drop-down-list-if-statement
Simple IF function is enough to to make this a conditional Excel drop down. All you need to do is to set a condition and the list range that is populated if the condition is TRUE. The last argument of the IF function is the two double quotes ("") that represents empty string.
How to create conditional Excel drop down lists - SpreadsheetWeb
www.spreadsheetweb.com > conditional-excel-drop-down
Creating a Dynamic Drop Down List in Excel (Using OFFSET)
1. Select a cell where you want to create the drop down list (cell C2 in this example).
2. Go to Data –> Data Tools –> Data Validation.
3. In the Data Validation dialogue box, within the Settings tab, select List as the Validation criteria.
How to Create a Drop Down List in Excel (the Only Guide You Need) trumpexcel.com > excel-drop-down-list
1. Select one or more cells to validate.
2. Open the Data Validation dialog box. ...
3. On the Settings tab of the Data Validation dialog window, select Custom in the Allow box, and enter your data validation formula in the Formula box.
4. Click OK.
How to use Data Validation in Excel – custom validation rules www.ablebits.com > Blog > Excel Tips > Excel formulas