Buckingham Palace Breaks Its Silence Over Prince Harry's Memoir Announcement

Entertainment

Yahoo Lifestyle 22 July, 2021 - 08:39am 20 views

Harry's memoir will address his time in the royal family, per the release: “Covering his lifetime in the public eye from childhood to the present day, including his dedication to service, the military duty that twice took him to the frontlines of Afghanistan, and the joy he has found in being a husband and father, Prince Harry will offer an honest and captivating personal portrait, one that shows readers that behind everything they think they know lies an inspiring, courageous, and uplifting human story.”

A spokesperson for Harry made it clear to People that the royal family wasn't blindsided by the news. People was told by the rep that Harry spoke privately with the royal family regarding the book's publication very recently. The spokesperson added that Harry would not be expected to obtain permission from Buckingham Palace for the project.

In a statement, Harry explained of the memoir: “I’m writing this not as the prince I was born but as the man I have become. I’ve worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and my hope is that in telling my story—the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned—I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think. I’m deeply grateful for the opportunity to share what I’ve learned over the course of my life so far and excited for people to read a firsthand account of my life that’s accurate and wholly truthful.”

Harry and Meghan stepped back from their senior royal family roles in January 2020. They made that move permanent earlier this year and now live in Montecito, California, with their two children, two-year-old son Archie and one-month-old daughter Lili. In March, they gave a seismic tell-all interview to Oprah about their experiences as working royal family members.

Among their biggest bombshell claims was that a member of the royal family (not the Queen or Philip) had concerns that their then-unborn son Archie's skin would be too dark, Meghan revealing that the institution refused to let her seek treatment when she struggled with suicidal ideation, and Harry's statement that the family has an “invisible contract” with the British tabloids and are scared of them.

A spokesperson for the Duke of Sussex confirms to BAZAAR.com that the news of the prince's book deal didn't come as a surprise to his family.

If anyone was worried about when Meghan Markle initially started working on the Netflix deal for her animated project, Pearl, that was all forgotten within hours because Prince Harry’s news was even bigger. The Duke of Sussex is working on a memoir that will be considered “the definitive account of the experiences, adventures, losses, and […]

Prince Harry's memoir, which is being published by Penguin Random House, is set to be released in late 2022.

The Duke of Cambridge will write the introduction for Earthshot: How to Save Our Planet, a book about the Earthshot Prize.

Can't wait to read it in a single sitting!

Yes, he gave them a heads-up. No, they're still not thrilled.

Yesterday, Prince Harry announced the release of his memoir.

While longtime royal family fans’ interest was definitely piqued on Monday after Random House press announced it would be publishing a memoir by Prince Harry, the Duke of Sussex’s own family was reportedly less than thrilled with the news. The memoir, which will be ghostwritten by J. R. Moehringer, will cover Prince Harry’s “lifetime in […]

The Duke of Sussex is penning an "intimate and heartfelt" look at his life.

Meghan Markle won't be the only published author in her family for much longer. Her husband, Prince...

The memoir is said to cover the prince’s life from childhood to present day.

"I'm writing this not as the prince I was born but as the man I have become," he said in a statement.

And all proceeds will be donated to charity.

"I'm writing this not as the prince I was born but as the man I have become."

The Duke and Duchess sent a surprise gift to Harvest Home, which helps homeless pregnant women.

Lucky's serves celebrities like Meghan and Prince Harry every night. But it's surprisingly unpretentious - while still being downright delicious.

As the Prince puts pen to paper to tell the “definitive” version of his life story, he also holds significant power—and responsibility—over how others are seen.

Here's how the royal family is reacting to Harry's book ... 👀

Less than 24 hours after the news broke that Prince Harry would be sharing his life’s story thus far in a telling new memoir, we’re learning more about how much the former senior royal is getting paid for the project. The reveal of the hefty sum of money comes less than one day after Random […]

Read full article at Yahoo Lifestyle

BT Entertainment: Prince Harry to Publish a Memoir in 2022

Breakfast Television 21 July, 2021 - 11:01am

Prince Harry Told the Palace About His Memoir — but Would Not Have Expected to Need Permission

PEOPLE 21 July, 2021 - 11:01am

Penguin Random House announced on Monday that the Duke of Sussex is writing a memoir that's scheduled to be released in late 2022.

Prince Harry, 36, spoke privately with the royal family regarding the book's publication very recently, a spokesperson told PEOPLE.

The spokesperson added that Harry would not be expected to obtain permission from Buckingham Palace for the project.

Buckingham Palace declined to comment, telling PEOPLE: "Any clarification about the book would be a question for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex."

He continued, "I'm deeply grateful for the opportunity to share what I've learned over the course of my life so far and excited for people to read a firsthand account of my life that's accurate and wholly truthful."

Prince Harry isn't the first member of the royal family to share his story. Edward, Duke of Windsor — who was Queen Elizabeth's uncle and had been coronated King Edward VIII before abdicating the throne in 1936 so he could marry American Wallis Simpson — produced a ghost-written biography titled A King's Story: The Memoirs of the Duke of Windsor in 1951. The memoir recalled his royal upbringing and schooling, leading up to falling in love with the American divorcée and ultimately giving up the position as monarch.

Prince William and Kate Middleton are 'sending a message' to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle'

Daily Mail 21 July, 2021 - 11:01am

By Hayley Richardson For Mailonline

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are 'on the charm offensive' to prove to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex that they're happy and 'not trapped', a royal expert has claimed. 

Prince Harry, 36, - who revealed yesterday he is releasing a tell-all memoir, sensationally claimed earlier this year that his brother Prince William, 39, and his father Prince Charles are 'trapped' in the system of the British monarchy during a bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey.  

Royal biographer Duncan Larcombe, who wrote Prince Harry: The Inside Story, told Closer magazine: 'William and Kate have kept a dignified silence but now they're letting their actions do the talking. 

'It's almost as if they're sending a secret message to Harry and Meghan saying, "We're going to keep going, we're still here, we're not backing down, we're carrying on". It's a message to Harry that life continues – with or without him.' 

Prince William and Kate Middleton, both 39, are 'on the charm offensive' and sending a subtle message to the Duke, 36, and Duchess of Sussex, 39, that they're happy and 'not trapped' like he said they were, a royal expert has claimed

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, both 39, recently attended the European Championships final at Wembley, where they brought along their eldest son George, who turns eight on Thursday, which delighted royal fans. 

Candid photos of the trio embracing the emotional rollercoaster of the match offered an intriguing glimpse of their warm family dynamic, and commentators said they came across as 'full of love and affection'.

Afterwards William issued a statement condemning the racism targeted at black England players who missed their penalties during the shootout which saw the national team miss out on the trophy.

'I am sickened by the racist abuse aimed at England players after last night's match. It is totally unacceptable that players have to endure this abhorrent behaviour. 

Prince Harry, 36, - who revealed yesterday he is releasing a tell-all memoir, sensationally claimed earlier this year that his brother the Duke of Cambridge and his father Prince Charles are 'trapped' in the system of the British monarchy during a bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey

'It must stop now and all those involved should be held accountable,' he wrote on Twitter - winning praise from fellow social media users.

And earlier this month, the pair were spotted giggling and smiling as they stepped out to watch Wimbledon together.  

'William and Kate are definitely on the charm offensive right now – and it's working,' Duncan told Closer.

He called the Duke's statement about racism in football 'really powerful', adding  that there is 'no doubt' William and Kate have taken Harry's allegation that his brother is 'trapped' in a role he doesn't want and are 'determined to show that isn't the case'. 

Meanwhile royal expert Katie Nicholl said the Cambridges have 'solidified themselves as the nation's sweethearts more than ever recently' in a 'quiet, dignified way'

He suggested the Duchess in particular had appeared 'all smiles' on recent engagements to show Harry and Meghan she is 'happy and fun'.  

Meanwhile royal expert Katie Nicholl told the publication that the Cambridges have 'solidified themselves as the nation's sweethearts more than ever recently' in a 'quiet, dignified way'.

'They've upped their game,' she added.  

During the explosive interview in March, Prince Harry, who is sixth in line to the throne, told the American chat show host: 'I myself was trapped. I didn't see a way out. I was trapped but I didn't know I was trapped.

Royal sources have claimed that Prince William does not believe he is 'trapped' inside the system of the British monarchy and Prince Harry's suggestions that he is are 'way off the mark'

Asked what he meant, Prince Harry replied: 'Trapped within the system, like the rest of my family are. 

'My father and my brother, they are trapped. They don't get to leave.'

Prince Charles, the Queen's son, is next in line to the throne, while Prince William is second in the line of succession.  

Royal sources later claimed that Prince William does not believe he is 'trapped' inside the system of the British monarchy and Prince Harry's suggestions that he is are 'way off the mark'.

Instead, the Duke of Cambridge, who is second in line to the throne behind his father, has 'accepted' his role and 'the path set for him', royal sources say.

Meanwhile royal author Penny Junor claimed Prince William is 'modelling himself on his grandmother the Queen'.

Junor, who penned 'Prince William: The Man Who Will Be King', told The Sun: 'I think Prince William absolutely gets what his destiny is and he is embracing it.' 

The comments below have not been moderated.

The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.

By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.

Do you want to automatically post your MailOnline comments to your Facebook Timeline?

Your comment will be posted to MailOnline as usual.

Do you want to automatically post your MailOnline comments to your Facebook Timeline?

Your comment will be posted to MailOnline as usual

We will automatically post your comment and a link to the news story to your Facebook timeline at the same time it is posted on MailOnline. To do this we will link your MailOnline account with your Facebook account. We’ll ask you to confirm this for your first post to Facebook.

You can choose on each post whether you would like it to be posted to Facebook. Your details from Facebook will be used to provide you with tailored content, marketing and ads in line with our Privacy Policy.

Part of the Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday & Metro Media Group

Prince Charles' furious over memoir by former Buckingham Palace aide: 'Man was a friend!'

Express 21 July, 2021 - 12:36am

The Duke of Sussex has announced he will share "mistakes and lessons learned" during his life in a memoir due to be published next year. As he disclosed the deal with publishers Penguin Random House, Prince Harry said he would reflect "the highs and lows" and be "accurate and wholly truthful". Harry, who alongside his wife Meghan stepped back from royal duties and relocated to California, US, will donate proceeds to charity.

"I've worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and my hope is that in telling my story - the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned - I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think.

"I'm deeply grateful for the opportunity to share what I've learned over the course of my life so far and excited for people to read a first hand account of my life that's accurate and wholly truthful."

The announcement of the book, the first time a prominent member of the Royal Family has ever written such a personal account of their life, reportedly took the Windsors by surprise.

One source told The Times it was greeted within the royal households with “big sighs” and another one close to Prince Charles said they were “surprised” by the news.

After all, the Prince of Wales does not seem to like explosive new books about his family.

In 2014, the Prince was said to be furious when the Queen’s ex-press secretary Dickie Arbiter decided to reveal secrets about his relationship with Diana and the breakdown of two other royal marriages in a book.

A palace source said: “Charles is furious.

"This man was a trusted friend.”

The book "On Duty with the Queen" published by Blink Publishing promised to share what life was like "behind the scenes" during the time that Mr Arbiter worked at the Palace in "the most turbulent period in the history of the modern British monarchy"

Mr Arbiter worked at the palace between 1988 and 2000.

He witnessed the breakdown of Prince Charles' marriage to Diana and the affair with Camilla Parker-Bowles.

The palace source told the Mirros: "It is just a case of a man who he thought was a friend and who could be trusted cashing in on the misery of that time. It is disloyal."

Mr Arbiter had previously said the book was "not a kiss-and-tell but an autobiography".

He said: "It’s a candid look behind some of the most salacious and sensational royal stories of those days from the perspective of someone who was not only there, but who also had experience of the monarchy."

Opinion: Prince Harry has the right to tell his story how he wants

The Independent 20 July, 2021 - 05:11am

On one side, those who cannot wait to read the prince's words and back him wholeheartedly in his latest endeavour. On the other, those who believe this will inflict nothing but pain on the royal family at-large – and those who want him to be stripped of his royal titles.

It is a pattern that has become familiar in recent times – with the fallout from the decision by Harry and his wife Meghan Markle to move their family to the US, and an interview with Oprah Winfrey that drew an audience of 17m in America and more than 12m in the UK. Another recent collaboration with Oprah – The Me You Can’t See involved Harry opening up about his mental health.

The planned memoir obviously isn't the first time that Harry has sought to open up about his life, but that is his right. He can tell his own story as often as he likes – that is the right of anyone.

For those concerned about reaching a saturation point, they have a similar freedom of choice. They can choose not to read, or watch. Yes, the platform Harry has is broader (many times so) than most but the biggest celebrities, and the coverage of the book will be extensive – but that is not his fault.

The wording of the statements around the announcement of the memoir is also telling, given Harry's feelings towards how he and Meghan have been treated in some quarters. Harry said the book would chart both "the highs and lows" and be "accurate and wholly truthful".

A press release from Penguin Random House, who are publishing the book, said it would be "intimate and heartfelt" – that isn't hard to imagine, given the detail Harry has gone into previously. On one podcast, Harry said that he wanted to "break the cycle" of the "pain and suffering" of his upbringing with his own children and that he did not want to pass on the negative aspects of his own experience – adding that he did not think "we should be pointing the finger" at anybody over that.

I find myself agreeing with Susanna Reid who said on Good Morning Britain: “I don’t think it’s unreasonable for Prince Harry to define the kind of privacy that he wants... I think it’s a little disingenuous when people say, ‘Oh well you wanted privacy and you went away and now you’re doing a book’, well, in their words he wants to tell his own truth. He wants to be in charge of his own story.”

Harry says that he is "writing this [memoir] not as the prince I was born but as the man I have become". He will be fully aware of the attention he will get – but I think it is clear he also feels there is a balance to redress about how his life has been represented. If he wants to take the opportunity to do that, then who has the right to stop him?

Entertainment Stories