Eric Clapton won’t play venues that require vaccinations

New York Daily News 21 July, 2021 - 07:05pm 31 views

Drawing from his own experience — an AstraZeneca shot he described as “disastrous” — the “Tears in Heaven” singer stated that he took exception to English Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s decision that unvaccinated people would not be allowed inside English clubs and music venues.

“Following the PM’s announcement on Monday the 19th of July 2021 I feel honour bound to make an announcement of my own: I wish to say that I will not perform on any stage where there is a discriminated audience present,” Clapton said in a statement posted to his friend Robin Monotti’s Telegram account. “Unless there is provision made for all people to attend, I reserve the right to cancel the show. Eric Clapton.”

Monotti, an architect and filmmaker who’s skeptical about COVID vaccines, also used his social media to share Clapton’s message in May regarding the 76-year-old musician’s experience after being inoculated. Clapton claimed the first dose made him sick, and the second jab was worse.

“The reactions were disastrous,” he recalled. “My hands and feet were either frozen, numb or burning, and pretty much useless for two weeks, I feared I would never play again.”

Clapton said he was hesitant about getting a vaccination shot on account of suffering from the neurological disorder peripheral neuropathy “But the propaganda said the vaccine was safe for everyone.”

Rolling Stone magazine confirmed Monotti was posting on Clapton’s behalf.

The World Health Organization acknowledged in March that it’s not unusual to hear about and investigate “potential adverse events” following immunizations — some occurrences could be a reaction to the vaccine, while others may have no relation. It’s unclear what happened in Clapton’s case.

The WHO said at the time that “the benefits of the AstraZeneca vaccine outweigh its risks and recommends that vaccinations continue.”

Fans wanting to see “Springsteen on Broadway” were initially informed AstraZeneca vaccinations would not cut muster for fans wanting to see Bruce Springsteen perform. That decision was reversed after the governor gave the OK for people who had received either FDA or WHO approved vaccines to attend live indoor events.

Read full article at New York Daily News

Eric Clapton To Boycott Venues That Require COVID Vaccination, Tests

Pollstar 21 July, 2021 - 10:01pm

The quote from the British guitarist and songwriter icon was given exclusively to London based architect, designer, urban, film & cultural theorist and commentator Robin Monotti Graziadei, who published it on its Telegram channel. It reads:

"Following the PM’s announcement on Monday the 19th of July 2021 I feel honour bound to make an announcement of my own: I wish to say that I will not perform on any stage where there is a discriminated audience present. Unless there is provision made for all people to attend, I reserve the right to cancel the show."

Pollstar confirmed the authenticity of the quote. Clapton had previously sent an announcement on his vaccination experience through Monotti's channel and also gave him the right to the worldwide premiere of his latest song, “Rebels”.

Eric Clapton, Ex Heroin Addict, Singer of “Cocaine,” Will Cancel Shows Where Venues Require Vaccinations

Showbiz411 21 July, 2021 - 10:01pm

All the drugs have finally burned out Eric Clapton’s brain cells.

The singer who had a hit with the song, “Cocaine,” says he’ll cancel shows at venues that require vaccinations.

He is completely nuts at this point. This is from a former heroin addict, of all things. He has never been what we’d call a health nut.

But Clapton’s obstinate criticism of the vaccines is dangerous. Some people actually listen to him. Or are influenced by him. They should not be. We can appreciate Clapton’s musicianship without taking anything he says seriously.

He actually sent out a message reading: “Following the PMs announcement I feel honour bound to make my own: I wish to say that I will not perform on any stage where there is a discriminated audience present. Unless there is provision made for all people to attend, I reserve the right to cancel the show”

Please get vaccinated. Do not go to any large music shows unless everyone is required to proof of vaccination. This is not a joke. What a shame that Clapton has turned out to be so stupid.

Clapton says he’ll cancel shows if they require vaccinations

The Mercury News 21 July, 2021 - 08:24pm

LOS ANGELES – Eric Clapton will not perform at venues that require proof of vaccination.

“Following the PM’s announcement on Monday the 19th of July 2021, I feel honor bound to make an announcement of my own: I wish to say that I will not perform on any stage where there is a discriminated audience present. Unless there is provision made for all people to attend, I reserve the right to cancel the show,” Clapton said via statement posted onto architect, film producer and anti-vaxxer Robin Monotti Graziadei’s Telegram account.

The news follows U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s announcement Tuesday that as restrictions on social gatherings lift, nightclubs must require guests to show a Covid Pass from the U.K.’s National Health Service upon entry for everyone over the age of 18.

Clapton has been releasing anti-vaccination and anti-lockdown statements and songs for close to a year now. In December 2020, Clapton joined fellow classic rocker turned anti-vaxxer Van Morrison on his song, “Stand and Deliver.” The song features lyrics including, “Do you wanna be a free man / Or do you wanna be a slave?” and “Dick Turpin wore a mask too.” Variety critics ranked it as one of the worst songs of 2020.

In an earlier release Clapton detailed a “disastrous” experience with the AstraZeneca vaccine for which he blamed “propaganda” for pushing on him. The musician continued on revealing that he suffers from “peripheral neuropathy and should never have gone near the needle.”

A rep for Clapton did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Get Morning Report and other email newsletters

Eric Clapton Threatens to Cancel Performances if Proof of Vaccine Is Required

Snopes.com 21 July, 2021 - 06:51pm

Written by Morrison and performed by Clapton, the four-and-a-half minute bluesy track expresses dissatisfaction with the government-ordered lockdowns spurred by rising cases of COVID-19.

“Do you wanna be a free man/ Or do you wanna be a slave?/ Do you wanna wear these chains/ Until you’re lying in the grave?” Clapton sings.

Other lyrics include: “Magna Carta, Bill of Rights/ The constitution, what’s it worth?/ You know they’re gonna grind us down, ah/ Until it really hurts/ Is this a sovereign nation/ Or just a police state?/ You better look out, people/ Before it gets too late.”

In February this year, before I learned about the nature of the vaccines, (and being 76 with ephezyma) I was in the avant garde. I took the first jab of AZ and straight away had severe reactions which lasted ten days, I recovered eventually and was told it would be twelve weeks before the second one…

About six weeks later I was offered and took the second AZ shot, but with a little more knowledge of the dangers. Needless to say the reactions were disastrous, my hands and feet were either frozen, numb or burning, and pretty much useless for two weeks, I feared I would never play again, (I suffer with peripheral neuropathy and should never have gone near the needle.) But the propaganda said the vaccine was safe for everyone….

It was no surprise, then, that after UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced in July 2021 that full vaccination status would be required to enter nightclubs and other venues where large numbers of people gather, Clapton himself issued a countering announcement declaring that he would not perform in any public setting where proof of vaccination was required for attendance:

“Following the PM’s announcement on Monday the 19th of July 2021 I feel honor-bound to make an announcement of my own,” Clapton said. “I wish to say that I will not perform on any stage where there is a discriminated audience present. Unless there is provision made for all people to attend, I reserve the right to cancel the show.”

The guitarist’s current tour calendar lists only a couple of UK shows, at London’s Royal Albert Hall, scheduled for May of 2022. Clapton is set to embark on a U.S. concert tour in September 2021.

This material may not be reproduced without permission.

Snopes and the Snopes.com logo are registered service marks of Snopes.com

Eric Clapton Sings The Blues About Venues Requiring Covid Vaccines: “I Reserve The Right To Cancel The Show”

Deadline 21 July, 2021 - 04:50pm

Eric Clapton says he reserves “the right” to cancel performances at venues where proof of Covid vaccination is required of audience members, a largely hypothetical stance that nonetheless puts the guitarist’s anti-vax sentiments on full display.

Clapton’s statement today was made in response to British Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s announcement that vaccine passes will be required to enter nightclubs and other venues. Clapton’s next UK concert, at the moment, is nearly a year away, when he’s scheduled to play London’s Royal Albert Hall on May 7.

“Following the PM’s announcement on Monday the 19th of July 2021,” Clapton said via Telegram, “I feel honour bound to make an announcement of my own: I wish to say that I will not perform on any stage where there is a discriminated audience present. Unless there is provision made for all people to attend, I reserve the right to cancel the show.”

Clapton currently is scheduled to play eight U.S. arena tour dates this September in Texas, Louisiana, Tennessee, Georgia and Florida. At least as of now, he needn’t worry: The concert venues don’t seem to be following Bruce Springsteen’s Broadway approach of requiring all attendees to be vaccinated. Fort Worth’s Dickies Arena, for example, requires only face coverings (“guests are expected to provide their own”), while Austin’s Frank Irwin Center suggests that for “individuals who are not fully vaccinated or have weakened immune systems, social distancing is optional but recommended.”

Clapton has claimed that he experienced “disastrous” (albeit temporary) side effects after receiving the AstraZeneca vaccine, and that his hands and feet were “frozen, numb or burning, and pretty much useless for two weeks…”

The Rock and Roll Hall of Famer previously had made known his opinions when he collaborated with singer Van Morrison in December on the anti-lockdown, largely panned song “Stand and Deliver,” which included such overheated lyrics as “Do you wanna wear these chains/ Until you’re lying in the grave?”

Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy.

How to watch everything on NBC, Peacock and more

New and returning series on broadcast, cable and streaming

Series that made it or didn’t make it in 2020-21

Get our latest storiesin the feed of your favorite networks

We want to hear from you! Send us a tip using our annonymous form.

Sign up for our breaking news alerts

Copyright © 2021 Penske Business Media, LLC. All Rights reserved.

Eric Clapton Won't Play Shows Where Vaccination is Required

Loudwire 21 July, 2021 - 04:38pm

There are different restrictions and rules regarding COVID-19 all around the world, and the U.K. has just announced that vaccination will be a requirement in order to access certain venues. Eric Clapton has weighed in on the news, stating that he won't play shows where vaccination is a requirement, because it's "discrimination."

The U.K. made full vaccination an entry requirement to "nightclubs and other crowded venues" earlier this week, according to Sky News. Vaccine minister Nadhim Zahawi deemed negative COVID-19 tests no longer sufficient to prove that a person is healthy enough to attend such establishments.

Following the announcement, Clapton made a statement to Robin Monotti Graziadei, who shared it via his Telegram. The quote has since been confirmed by Pollstar.

"Following the PM’s announcement on Monday the 19th of July 2021 I feel honour bound to make an announcement of my own: I wish to say that I will not perform on any stage where there is a discriminated audience present," Clapton affirmed. "Unless there is provision made for all people to attend, I reserve the right to cancel the show."

Such a statement may make the musician appear to be a typical anti-vaxxer, but he did actually receive a COVID-19 vaccine himself. However, in May of this year, he admitted that the side effects of the shot caused sensations in his hands that led him to believe he'd never be able to play the guitar again.

"Needless to say the reactions were disastrous, my hands and feet were either frozen, numb or burning, and pretty much useless for two weeks, I feared I would never play again, (I suffer with peripheral neuropathy and should never have gone near the needle.) But the propaganda said the vaccine was safe for everyone," he described of the experience.

As noted in the aforementioned Sky News report, U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson said that 35 percent of U.K. residents between the ages of 18 and 30 are unvaccinated, which comes out to a total of 3 million people. He urged that the government "reserved the right to do what's necessary to protect the public."

Apparently, Clapton won't be playing in the U.K. anytime soon, but you can catch him on tour in the U.S. beginning in September. See his tour route on his website.

Eric Clapton Says He Won't Play to 'Discriminated' U.K. Audiences

Ultimate Classic Rock 21 July, 2021 - 10:30am

Eric Clapton has announced that he will not perform at U.K. concert venues that require proof of vaccination for entry.

The statement follows a recent message from U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson, who said that nightclubs and other event locations hosting large crowds must require visitors to provide verification of their vaccine status. "Following the PM’s announcement on Monday the 19th of July, 2021, I feel honor bound to make an announcement of my own: I wish to say that I will not perform on any stage where there is a discriminated audience present," Clapton said.

The statement was released via Robin Monotti Graziadei, a London-based architect and anti-lockdown activist. "Unless there is provision made for all people to attend, I reserve the right to cancel the show," Clapton noted.

The guitarist has also hinted that he has considered moving out of the U.K. entirely. “I thought quite strongly about taking my family away from England,” he said in an interview last month. “We’ll go and live somewhere else, we’ll start somewhere else.”

Clapton has conveyed his controversial opinions through Graziadei before. Earlier this year, he detailed the "severe reactions" he experienced after receiving the AstraZeneca vaccine. “My hands and feet were either frozen, numb or burning, and pretty much useless for two weeks,” he said. “I feared I would never play again. I suffer with peripheral neuropathy and should never have gone near the needle.”

He will be performing elsewhere for the remainder of 2021 and into 2022, however. In September, Clapton will play a brief series of U.S shows across a handful of southern states. The guitarist is then due to perform various rescheduled European shows next spring.

Eric Clapton