Here is a summary of the latest #COVID19AB numbers: There are now 1,083 people in hospital due to COVID-19. Of the 836 non-ICU, 73.7% are unvaccinated or partially vaccinated. Of the 247 in ICU, 90.2% are unvaccinated or partially vaccinated. (1/5) pic.twitter.com/q5fL0Ijbjj
1/ Data on Pfizer's #COVID19 vaccine & myocarditis from Israel... Risk factors for myocarditis include: 1. Male 2. Under 30 yrs 3. 2nd dose Vast majority are mild & resolve. Typically appears within 7 days of vaccine. bit.ly/3BiJT7d pic.twitter.com/eRWpg1kRSB
Today’s @clayandbuck talks an all time record yearly murder rate increase, the Afghan terrorist who killed 13 we let out of prison, LA enacts a covid vaccine mandate, FJB chants & big tech hearings. Listen & subscribe: podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-clay-travis-and-buck-sexton-show/id1498106610?i=1000537767717
BREAKING—Los Angeles will require most people to provide proof of full coronavirus vaccination to enter a range of indoor businesses— restaurants, gyms, museums, movie theaters and salons. If rare exemption, then 72-hour negative #COVID19 test required. www.nytimes.com/2021/10/06/world/americas/los-angeles-vaccine-requirements.html
HFHS, Detroit's fifth-largest employer with an estimated 33,000 employees, announced in June it would require all employees to get a COVID-19 vaccine. The requirement covered full-time staff members, as well as volunteers, students and contractors, the health system said at the time.
Dr. Adnan Munkarah, the executive vice president and chief clinical officer at HFHS, said that requiring employees to get vaccinated against COVID-19 was "in the best interest of our patients and members, our team members, and the communities we serve."
By mid-September, HFHS said an estimated 98 percent of its employees were in compliance with the vaccine requirement. The other 2 percent were suspended and given until October 1 to get vaccinated.
Meanwhile, an additional 1 percent of HFHS' workforce were not in compliance with the vaccine mandate as of Tuesday, Riney told reporters.
"About 400 people have voluntarily resigned from their positions at Henry Ford because of the vaccine requirement over the last couple of months," he said.
Individuals who leave HFHS due to the vaccine mandate are classified as voluntary resignations, Riney said. In the event that those individuals decide to get vaccinated against the virus, they will be able to request a return to work with HFHS, he added.
"Should they have a change of heart down the road, and become vaccinated, they can once again apply for jobs within Henry Ford," Riney said. "We're doing everything we can to keep the doors open and welcoming for those team members."
About 30 employees who were initially noncompliant with HFHS' vaccine mandate already had that "change of heart" and were seeking re-engagement with the health system, Riney said.
At the time HFHS announced its vaccine mandate for employees, it reported there were an estimated 20 patients battling COVID-19 in its facilities. Around this time last year, 65 patients were hospitalized at HFHS facilities with the virus, according to Munkarah. By Tuesday, 144 patients were battling the virus in HFHS facilities.
Join half a million readers enjoying Newsweek's free newsletters
Read full article at Newsweek
06 October, 2021 - 08:53am