Jada Pinkett Smith reveals she shaved her head before her 50th birthday

Daily Mail 12 July, 2021 - 05:24pm 15 views

Did Jada Pinkett Smith shave her head?

Jada Pinkett Smith Shaved Her Hair Off After a Long Journey With Hair Loss. After opening up about losing her hair, the Red Table Talk host decided to let it all go, thanks to Willow. ... Daughter and musician Willow was the first to show off her mother's bald head, sharing a gorgeous selfie of the duo on July 12. Allure MagazineJada Pinkett Smith Shaved Her Hair Off After Struggling With Hair Loss — See Photos

Why is Jada Pinkett Smith bald?

Jada Pinkett Smith goes bald after getting inspired by daughter Willow Smith: It's time to let go. Jada Pinkett Smith debuts her bald look on Instagram after her daughter Willow Smith inspired her to shave her head. The actor had been suffering from hair loss for many years and decided it was time to let go. Hindustan TimesJada Pinkett Smith goes bald after getting inspired by daughter Willow Smith: It's time to let go

By Heidi Parker For Dailymail.com

Jada Pinkett Smith has been wearing turbans on her Facebook Watch series Red Table Talk in recent months.

And on Monday the iconic actress - who will turn 50-years-old on September 18 - revealed that under those turbans is nothing as she has shaved her head.

The wife of Will Smith let her Instagram followers in on her new style as she proudly displayed her chrome dome alongside her daughter Willow. 'Willow made me do it because it was time to let go BUT … my 50’s are bout to be Divinely lit with this shed❣️' the Girls Trip actress said.

Hair change: Jada Pinkett Smith has been wearing turbans on her Facebook Watch series Red Table Talk in recent months. And on Monday the iconic actress, 49, revealed what one of her motivations is that she has shaved her head

Bold and beautiful: The stunner had some stubble here and there as her face was nicely made up for the camera

Willow said of the post: 'You are divine.'

Gabrielle Union added several hearts and fire emojis and Gretchen Rossi posted a raised hands emoji.

In the past, Jada has had buzz cut hair, short hair, shoulder length hair and hair down to her bottom. And she has tried several colors, blonde, pink and blue among them.

A fan: The wife of Will Smith let her Instagram followers in on her new style as she proudly displayed her chrome dome alongside her daughter Willow. 'Willow made me do it because it was time to let go BUT … my 50’s are bout to be Divinely lit with this shed❣️' the Girls Trip actress said

Willow used to have long braids before going with a shorter cut last year.

This comes after Jada said she very often did drugs and drank alcohol in the Nineties.

And the beauty even admitted that she passed out on the set of The Nutty Professor from a bad batch of Ecstasy, a psychoactive drug that increases empathy.

But when the Hollywood staple reached for a third bottle of wine one night she realized she had a problem and quit cold turkey.

Everyone likes it: Willow said of the post: 'You are divine.' Beyonce's mother Tina Lawson added: 'Beautiful ❤️It Just shows that beautiful face and soulful eyes more prominently.' Gabrielle Union added several hearts and fire emojis and Gretchen Rossi posted a raised hands emoji

Pinkett opened the show by revealing she used to be a hard drinker.

'One of the reasons why this particular show was really important to me is because wine, for me, was like Kool-Aid,' she said.

'I was a brown liquor drinker - rum - and also vodka. I was a hard liquor drinker. Like, I could drink almost anybody under the table,' said the Girls Trip actress, 49.

Drug past: This comes after Jada said she very often did drugs and drank alcohol in the Nineties. And the beauty even admitted that she passed out on the set of The Nutty Professor from a bad batch of Ecstasy, a psychoactive drug that increases empathy

She was high on the weekends: The star said she liked being high and she started young

Party girl: Pinkett Smith seen here with husband Will Smith in 1998 at a Hollywood event

She added, 'Drinking glasses of water. It wasn't even like - so I'm not drinking it like... "All right, where's the next?" 'cause I'm used to that hard hit.'

Jada also said she would mix ecstasy, alcohol and weed.

'I was drinking hard in high school too, and when I got out here, I was doing cocktails. So ecstasy, alcohol, weed,' shared the mother of two; she has Jaden and Willow with husband since 1997, Will Smith.

Bad time: But then there was a problem. 'I had one incident. That was an eye-opening incident for me as well. I had one incident on Nutty Professor. I passed out. Makeup trailer,' said Jada. Willow said she was shocked when her mom told her the story earlier but Gammy had never heard it before. Seen with Eddie Murphy on the 1996 movie

'Whoa. What a combination,' said her daughter Willow.

'You were having a good old time, weren't you?' joked Gammy.

'I would do those three together. That was my cocktail.'

Pinkett Cocktail: 'Let me tell you, I was having me a little ball. But it was like, "This is not cocaine. This is not heroin."' added Jada who added she was not doing things that were addictive. 'I would do those three together. That was my cocktail'

Mom was stunned: Jada's mother 'Gammy' said she did not know most of these details

Jada continued: 'Your threshold becomes so high that what it takes for you to get to the place you need to get to – it'll take me two bottles to get to - okay, if I do ecstasy, weed, and alcohol at the same time, I'm gonna get there faster and I can keep the high going because then I can just keep drinking 'cause I know ecstasy's gonna last me about three, four, five hours, the weed, you know, that's just gonna keep me just smooth, and then the alcohol's gonna keep it going.'

'I'm just so happy that I'm a regular old stoner,' interjected Willow saying mom's cocktail sounded 'intense.'

Then Jada realized she had an issue: 'I was going for that third bottle of wine, I said, "You've got a problem." And it was cold turkey that day... I just stopped.'

Stunned: 'I'm just so happy that I'm a regular old stoner,' interjected Willow saying mom's cocktail sounded 'intense'

She has had a 'glass of wine here and there' but 'cannot touch vodka, rum. Rum's another one. No dark liquor.'

And she cannot even look at vodka: she loves lavender vodka martinis but cannot be near them. 'I am a binger,' she said.

She also said during the interview that Will is a 'light weight' making it seem as if he did not drink much.

Jada passed out from a bad batch of ecstasy on the set of 1996 film The Nutty Professor with Eddie Murphy.

She stopped: Then Jada realized she had an issue: 'I was going for that third bottle of wine, I said, "You've got a problem." And it was cold turkey that day... I just stopped'

'So I wasn't the type of person that was drinking every day. You know, I was, like, a weekend party girl. You know what I mean? So it's like, yo, Thursday to Monday morning. Thursday to Monday morning, I would go.'

Shorter hair here: In this image she has very short blonde locks as she flashes her bikini body

'I passed out. I went to work high, and it was a bad batch of ecstasy,' said Jada. 'And I passed out. And I told everybody that I had taken - I must've had old medication in a vitamin bottle. That's what I said. But I tell you what I did though. Got my ass together and got on that set. That was the last time.'

Willow said: 'I would never do some sh*t like that.'

Then Jada talked about her mom: 'I grew up with my mother who was a heroin addict, and still it didn't sink in to me.'  Jada added she once threw up all over actress Debbie Allen's house.   'Don't think that people didn't try to tap me on my shoulder. Don't think that when I was at Debbie Allen's throwing up all over her house–' said Jada.

Gammy said: 'Lord have mercy. Thank you, Debbie. Jesus.'  Jada then said: 'That she wasn't like, "Hey,"' hinting that Debbie told her she had to quit.  Jada added: 'But I had to reach my rock bottoms.'

The comments below have not been moderated.

The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.

By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.

Do you want to automatically post your MailOnline comments to your Facebook Timeline?

Your comment will be posted to MailOnline as usual.

Your comment will be posted to MailOnline as usual

We will automatically post your comment and a link to the news story to your Facebook timeline at the same time it is posted on MailOnline. To do this we will link your MailOnline account with your Facebook account. We’ll ask you to confirm this for your first post to Facebook.

You can choose on each post whether you would like it to be posted to Facebook. Your details from Facebook will be used to provide you with tailored content, marketing and ads in line with our Privacy Policy.

Part of the Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday & Metro Media Group

Read full article at Daily Mail

Jada Pinkett Smith says Willow inspired her to get buzzcuts together

USA TODAY 14 July, 2021 - 03:04pm

Jada Pinkett Smith and her daughter, Willow, are rocking a new summer look: matching shaved heads! See the photos of the mother-daughter duo here.

A link has been sent to your friend's email address.

A link has been posted to your Facebook feed.

Will and Jada Pinkett Smith revealed on a new episode of "Red Table Talk" that they had an intervention for their son Jaden about his health. USA TODAY

Like mother, like daughter! Jada Pinkett Smith and Willow Smith are sporting a new summer look together.

Pinkett Smith, 49, took to Instagram Monday to show off her buzzcut, crediting her daughter for inspiring the bold hair transformation.

"Willow made me do it because it was time to let go BUT … my 50’s are bout to be Divinely lit with this shed," the "Red Table Talk" host, who turns 50 in September, captioned her post.

Hours earlier, Smith, 20, debuted their matching shaved heads by sharing a heartwarming selfie with her mother.

"<a gift is pure when it is given from the heart to the right person at the right time and at the right place, and when we expect nothing in return>" the musician wrote.

Celebrities took to the comments to show their support, with Gabrielle Union commenting a series of heart and fire emojis on Pinkett Smith's post.

"Beautiful ❤️It Just shows that beautiful face and soulful eyes more prominently," wrote Tina Knowles-Lawson.

"Perfection," Lena Waithe added.

Smith also commented on her mother's picture, calling her "DIVINE."

The two have always been candid about their close mother-daughter relationship.

Last month, Smith opened up in an interview for the cover of L'Officiel's July issue about an eye-opening experience touring with her mom and how it impacted her music career.

"My mom got so much hate,” Smith recalled. "It was intense racism and sexism, just packed on to the tens. People giving her death threats, throwing glass at her onstage. Some crazy stuff went down."

Smith's music career started at a young age when she released her debut single "Whip My Hair" at 10 years old. She said for a long time she  regretted making the song and had doubts about her music, but said her memories of what her mom went through with her rock band, Wicked Wisdom, give her strength to keep creating.

"She really showed me what ‘womaning up’ really was by taking a stance and not being afraid of other people’s judgements and perceptions," the singer said. "I really wanted to just go within that place in myself and try something new, regardless of what my insecurities were."

A link has been posted to your Facebook feed.

© 2021 USA TODAY, a division of Gannett Satellite Information Network, LLC.

Jada Pinkett Smith & Willow Shave Their Heads

Access 14 July, 2021 - 03:04pm

Why Jada Pinkett Smith SHAVED Her Head & Who Inspired Her!

Clevver News 14 July, 2021 - 03:04pm

'It Was Time to Let Go': Jada Pinkett Smith Debuts a Shaved Head, Inspired by Daughter Willow

The Root 14 July, 2021 - 03:04pm

“Willow made me do it because it was time to let go BUT … my 50’s are bout to be Divinely lit with this shed❣️😜”

Willow’s own caption was included in the reveal, which read: “💕🙏🏾a gift is pure when it is given from the heart to the right person at the right time and at the right place, and when we expect nothing in return🙏🏾”

To whom it was a gift remains in question, but Pinkett Smith was first transparent about her hair loss during Red Table Talk’s first season in 2018, sharing: “It was terrifying when it first started. I was in the shower one day and had just handfuls of hair in my hands and I was just like, ‘Oh my god, am I going bald?’” (h/t People magazine). “It was one of those times in my life where I was literally shaking in fear. That’s why I cut my hair, and why I continue to cut it,” she added.

Though she hasn’t spoken on it much since, Pinkett Smith echoed the concerns of many women struggling with hair loss or alopecia when she admitted: “My hair has been a big part of me...Taking care of my hair has been a beautiful ritual and having the choice to have hair or not. And then one day to be like, ‘Oh my god, I might not have that choice anymore.’”

Pinkett Smith has typically worn her hair short in the years since, but also explained that she’d “gotten every kind of test there is to have,” but to no avail, saying: “They don’t know why.”

Whether or not her new look was an explicit nod to that ordeal remains unknown, but the results are gorgeous—and hopefully, inspiring to other women going through the same.

“I really had to put it into a spiritual perspective, like the higher power takes so much from people,” Pinkett Smith said in 2018. “People are out here with cancer. People have sick children. I watch the higher power take things every day,” she continued, explaining that the added perspective “really did settle me.”

Jada’s New Baldie and 10 Black Women Whose Bald Heads Are Banging

Yahoo Lifestyle 13 July, 2021 - 04:16pm

Jada Pinkett Smith recently unveiled her new shaved look via social media, which she said was inspired by her daughter Willow Smith. The Red Table Talk host turns 50 this year and said that her new cut signifies how she will be entering the next decade of her life.

“Willow made me do it because it was time to let go BUT … my 50’s are bout to be Divinely lit with this shed,” she captioned the photo of her and her baby girl.

Pinkett-Smith has joined a roster of bald beauties who chose to let go of their tresses and and rock their baldies boldly. Here’s 9 other Black women who also slayed the bald look.

View this post on Instagram A post shared by ∴ WILLOW ∴ (@willowsmith) Jada Pinkett Smith and Willow Smith are still the coolest mom and daughter duo around, and we're looking at their new hairstyles as proof. Just over a month after documenting their experiences getting matching generational tattoos with Gammy on Red Table Talk, the duo revealed via Instagram that they both recently shaved their heads.

She says her daughter “Willow made me do it” in a beautiful new Instagram.

Did you know that for the first time in history, women are drinking as much as men? That’s a tidbit that Jada Pinkett Smith shared on the latest broadcast of her Red Table Talk where she revealed her personal past with alcohol abuse, the increase in alcohol use in women (especially casual drinking since the […]

The actor showed off a whole new look while on vacation.

Doctors stress that while "breakthrough" infections can happen, they're not common and usually not serious.

The actress shared a stripped down selfie from her Santorini vacation.

Jessie James Decker explained why she was so hurt to read a Reddit thread criticizing her recent weight gain.

Amber Heard announced she became a single mother by choice. Women share why they made the decision to have a baby on their own.

The Maryann Organics Anti-Aging Collagen Moisturizer is what viral dreams are made of.

Gillian Anderson explained on an Instagram Live why she's no longer wearing a bra.

The nonbinary singer is starting a new dialogue about expression and identity.

Napier and husband Ben welcomed their second child in late May.

The 28-year-old rapper loves spoiling her daughter.

The 54-year-old actress is the mother to 10-year-old Yoby.

The 48-year-old model reflects on the brand's recent changes after working with them for 13 years.

The online vocabulary resource is adding several new slang entries.

Snag plates, baking dishes, even a gorgeous trash can — all on sale.

Jada Pinkett Smith