Las Vegas father of 5 dies from COVID, told fiance' he should have gotten vaccinated


KTNV Las Vegas 02 August, 2021 - 09:25am 61 views

Chris Chan GoFundMe page terminated: YouTuber booted from convention after rape allegation

New York Post 02 August, 2021 - 08:10pm

Notifications can be turned off anytime from browser settings

© 2021 MEAWW All rights reserved

After the allegations against Chan went viral, Joshua Moon, who has organized the fundraiser, said NW had revoked her ticket to the convention

After Chris Chan, YouTuber and Sonichu comic creator was accused of sexually assaulting her 80-year-old mother, Barbara Anne Weston, who suffers from dementia, the GoFundMe page was terminated and all the donations were refunded. The page was set up to help her attend the Everfree NW My Little Pony convention in Washington.

Christine Weston “Chris” Chandler, a prominent transgender comic auteur was 'exposed' on social media after her chat records revealing explicit details about how she raped her mother Barb got leaked online. On August 1, 2021, Chan was spotted being handcuffed and taken into custody by Greene County Police, a day after the 39-year-old was reportedly removed from her home. Soon after the shocking allegations against Chan went viral online, Joshua Moon, who has organized the fundraiser, posted an update on the crowd-funding campaign saying that it was being canceled as NW had revoked her ticket to the convention. 

Moon, who said that he had "been in light contact with Chris for about 7 years and have previously helped Chris deal with serious problems in that time," originally set up the campaign on GoFundMe page to successfully help Chan, who stays in Virginia, make it to the convention. 

"Chris already has tickets and a hotel reservation, but has never traveled cross-country before... Originally, Chris planned to make the 41-hour-long journey from Ruckersville, VA to Seattle, WA alone, crossing the badlands and Rocky Mountains both ways in an old minivan. That was a very bad idea, so instead, we're setting up a GoFundMe to help buy a plane ticket. The roundtrip flight will cost $750 and has already been reserved. Extra money will be put towards expenses while in Seattle. If the GoFundMe greatly exceeds $1000, the overflow will be held for emergencies," the description of the page read. 

It also laid out a plan to make the donors happy as it also threw in a small token of gratitude. "To reward contributors, Chris has agreed to do shout out videos and drawings for donors. I have been assured that these will be done and have stressed to Chris that completing these rewards is crucial to doing more things like this in the future. There is an understanding and I have confidence rewards will be completed... Your shoutout / drawing could exceed your expectations, fall short, or be something totally weird and unpredictable. Chris is just like that: roll with it," it said.

Setting up the fundraiser was a success, even after the financial target was increased to $5000. "I'm pleased to announce that the $5000 stretch goal has been reached and that GoFundMe has verified the campaign so that it can proceed with the payout. The plane ticket has been purchased and Chris will be going to Everfree NW!" an update on July 13 stated. 

In the latest update, Moon wrote, "On July 30th, audio and text messages leaked between Chris and an unknown woman where Chris confessed to aggressive sexual behavior towards his mother. He has since been removed from his home and separated by an emergency protective order which will last until August 5th. The audio and text messages are authentic. Everfree NW has since revoked his ticket to the convention. The GoFundMe no longer serves a legitimate purpose. As such, I am refunding all donations." 

Moon further added: "This GoFundMe was my test to see if Chris could responsibly handle commissions. His success and commitment towards fulfilling these orders surprised me (in a good way), and indicated that it would be possible for him to stabilize his income and live comfortably off his work. This recent revelation is a massive Black Swan event and I am still internally processing it." 

MEAWW is an initialism for Media Entertainment Arts WorldWide. We are one of the world’s fastest growing media-tech companies with hubs around the world. MEAWW brings you the best content from its global team of reporters on a platform technologically tailored to meet the needs of the modern reader.

Las Vegas family battles COVID-19 together in hospital

8 News NOW Las Vegas 02 August, 2021 - 08:10pm

‘I should have gotten the damn vaccine’: Dad sends heartbreaking text before death

CBS Chicago 02 August, 2021 - 12:21pm

By Amanda Woods

August 2, 2021 | 1:21pm | Updated August 2, 2021 | 3:08pm

A Las Vegas dad dying of COVID-19 sent his fiancée the heartbreaking text, “I should have gotten the damn vaccine” just before he succumbed, according to new reports. 

Michael Freedy, 39, had gone on vacation with fiancée Jessica du Preez and their children, ages 17, 10, 7, 6 and 17 months, in mid-July, KVVU reported

A short time after their return, Freedy went to the hospital with a painful skin rash.

While there, he ended up testing positive for COVID-19. 

He went home to try to ride out the illness in isolation, but his symptoms became more and more severe, the outlet reported.

“Early Tuesday morning, I would say around 3, 4 o’clock in the morning, he wakes me up panicking,” du Preez told the Fox TV station. “He’s like, ‘I can’t breathe. I know something is wrong.’ ”

Freedy couldn’t even manage to stand, so the couple went back to the hospital.

He was admitted with pneumonia in both lungs and moved to another hospital, where du Preez was allowed to see him. 

“I just kept telling him, ‘You are going to get through this, you’ve got to come home to us,’ ” she said. 

Instead, his condition deteriorated, and he was transferred to the ICU.

“I was able to call before they took him in, and he sat on the phone,” du Preez said. “And I was able to hear him. I was like, ‘Please keep fighting. Don’t give up.’ And he’s like, ‘I’m trying to fight, but they are going to intubate me and put me under.’ ”

At one point, Freedy sent du Preez a text from the hospital. 

“Oh my [expletive] God. This is terrible,” he wrote, according to CBS-TV affiliate KLAS. “I should have gotten the damn vaccine.”

Freedy died at the hospital Thursday morning with du Preez by his side. 

“I was at the hospital visiting Mike and telling him all about our kids’ day and how everyone was pulling for him,” du Preez posted on a GoFundMe page. “His numbers crashed and they were not able to bring them back up.

“The love of my life, my rock, my everything. The father to my babies, is no longer with us. I don’t know what to do.”

Freedy was not vaccinated — though his fiancée said the couple had planned on becoming so eventually.

“We were just holding off, and now to think that if we just had gotten the shot a week before or a month before when one of our jobs had a vaccination thing, he could still be here,” she told the station.

“We wanted to wait just one year from the release to see what effects people had, but there was never any intention to not get it,” she added to KVVU.

Du Preez, who said she will always regret the decision, is now vaccinated along with the couple’s oldest child. 

She said that even if the vaccine had prevented “a little bit” of her fiance’s symptoms, “it could have stopped the coronavirus from progressing so fast.”

“I expected to get 30 more years with him,” du Preez said. “I didn’t expect him to be gone.”

Health Stories