When will Iphone 13 be announced?
Before 2020, Apple has often announced its new iPhones on either the first or second Tuesday of September. If that happens again in 2021, we'd expect the iPhone 13 range to be revealed on September 7 or September 14 and release 10 days later. TechRadariPhone 13 release date, leaks, price and news
A render of the iPhone 13.
Apple's upcoming Bloomberg is reporting that the phone will only be able to use those signals to text emergency services, emergency contacts or report a crisis.could be able to use satellite signals to send text messages in areas without cellular coverage, but at first, those messages will reportedly be limited to emergencies only. Industry analyst Ming-Chi Kuo told investors last week that Apple's next iPhone will be able to . As of Monday,
Thecould have a Qualcomm X60 baseband chip allowing it to not only use 4G and 5G, but satellite signals. Kuo named Globalstar as the most likely satellite communications company collaborating with Apple on the service. Early speculation was that Apple would use satellites to connect underserved areas, similar to the goal of the satellites from SpaceX.
Bloomberg's report throws a little cold water on the breadth of Apple's satellite offerings at launch. An unidentified person told Bloomberg that while the iPhone could have the necessary hardware for satellite communications at launch, we shouldn't expect to see it in action before next year. Plus, the feature is still in flux and could be changed or discarded entirely before release.
Even when it does launch, Bloomberg notes it will primarily be a texting-via-satellite tool. You'll be able to send SOS messages to emergency services or an emergency contact via the Messages app and the texts will be limited to a shorter length. You'll supposedly also be able to report a crisis like a plane crash or a sinking boat, and the phone will prompt you for details. It's unclear which emergency services the phone would use.
You might also have to walk in a certain direction as prompted by your phone to actually connect to a satellite, and the connection might not be instantaneous. Bloomberg's article did not rule out the service eventually being used for phone calls.
Apple didn't respond to a request for comment.
Read full article at PhoneArena
02 September, 2021 - 08:30pm
Based on the iPhone 13 leaks so far, Apple needs to get aggressive with design
At a time where top-tier Android phones like the Galaxy S21 Ultra and OnePlus 9 Pro are all-screen beauties, the iPhone has fallen behind in terms of design. In fact, as of the iPhone 12, Apple's design language has grown incredibly stale.
The iPhone's notch housing Apple's Face ID tech, front-facing camera, and earpiece was unsightly when we first saw it on the iPhone X. In the years since, smartphone design has evolved with Apple largely failing to keep up. While the iPhone 12 is still a beautiful phone with its squared off edges, the notch detracts from that beauty.
I look at the leaked screen protectors and renders of the iPhone 13 and I'm not convinced that Apple is going to do enough to modernize the iPhone 13's design with its coming phone rollout. From all appearances, the smaller notch isn't all that noticeable. Just look at the image at the top of this article. It's definitely not as wide as the iPhone 12's notch, but it's still a far cry from making the iPhone 13 an all-screen experience.
I don't think Apple has done enough with the iPhone 13's seemingly smaller notch. When I pick up my OnePlus 9 Pro, Galaxy Z Flip 3, or even Pixel 5 after using the iPhone 12 Pro, I'm frequently amazed at the edge-to-edge displays. Granted, all of these phones rely on fingerprint sensors for biometric authentication, but Apple could have gone that route, too. Instead, rumors suggest that the company canned the return of Touch ID for the iPhone 13 (both in-display and in the power button), another huge mistake in my opinion.
Face ID is definitely a great advancement when it comes to unlocking your phone, but the pandemic has shown its severe limitations. I might forgive Apple's stubborn dedication to Face ID if the rumors of it figuring out how to work even with face masks on turn out to be true. Based on the facts we know now, however, Face ID has hit the wall in an age where we are still encouraged to wear masks in the wake of new COVID-19 variants. Therefore, the notch is more of a nuisance than a positive.
Barring any surprise reveals this month, it looks like we're stuck with the iPhone notch for now. And even though the notch looks like it'll be smaller for the first time since 2017, I don't think it's enough. I expect Apple to lead the charge on smartphone design, not fall so far behind.
Thank you for signing up to Tom's Guide. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
© Future US, Inc. 11 West 42nd Street, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10036.
02 September, 2021 - 08:30pm
TrendForce released its production estimates for the second quarter of the year, noting an 11% sequential fall but a 10% year-on-year rise.
The recent surges of COVID-19 cases in India, Vietnam, and other Southeast Asian countries have adversely affected the global smartphone market in terms of production and demand, according to TrendForce’s latest investigations. The global smartphone production for 2Q21 fell by 11% QoQ to a total of 307 million units.
However, a YoY comparison shows an increase of around 10% for the quarter. The global production for 1H21 came to a total of 652 million units, translating to a growth rate of almost 18% compared with 1H20, when the pandemic was in the initial phase.
The market intelligence company said Samsung was hit hardest, though comfortably retained its overall lead.
Samsung’s smartphone production for 2Q21 reached 58.5 million units, which was the highest among all smartphone brands yet represented a 23.5% QoQ decrease. Since India and Vietnam account for the majority of its smartphone production capacity, the severe COVID-19 outbreaks in both countries during 2Q21 had a significant impact on production volume. This year, Samsung will remain as the top smartphone brand by quarterly and annual production. However, it will face increasing difficulty in preserving its steadily shrinking market share in the future. The competition will only intensify as rival brands have become excelled at smartphone design and manufacturing.
Apple is expected to retake the No. 2 slot this quarter, with iPhone 13 sales forecast to see the company boost its share to 15.8%.
Apple’s iPhone production reached its lowest point for the year, and its rank fell to fourth place in 2Q21 because the second quarter is the transition period between last year’s and this year’s iPhone series. The quarterly total iPhone production fell by 22.2% QoQ to around 42 million units.
In the aspect of product development, Apple will be releasing four flagship iPhone models this September. The major upgrades that come with the new series are the improved camera and the next-generation A15 processor that is manufactured with TSMC’s 5nm+ process. Other upgrades relate to the optimization of the existing functions. This year’s iPhone line-up can be regarded as an extension of the iPhone 12 series that was released in 2020.
With regards to pricing, Apple will be maintaining its proactive approach so as to gain more market share. On the other hand, there is the possibility that Apple’s device production during 2H21 will be affected by the recent spike of COVID-19 cases in Malaysia. Due to the severity of the outbreak situation, shipments of ICs from that country have experienced delays.
Breaking news from Cupertino. We’ll give you the latest from Apple headquarters and decipher fact from fiction from the rumor mill.
Introduced in 2007 by Steve Jobs, iPhone is Apple's flagship iOS device and easily its most popular product around the world. The iPhone runs iOS…
Ben Lovejoy is a British technology writer and EU Editor for 9to5Mac. He’s known for his op-eds and diary pieces, exploring his experience of Apple products over time, for a more rounded review. He also writes fiction, with two technothriller novels, a couple of SF shorts and a rom-com!
01 September, 2021 - 06:14pm
Marvel actor J.B. Smoove (Curb Your Enthusiasm) casually dropped Tobey Maguire’s name in a recent interview about Spider-Man: No Way Home, possibly confirming the return of both Maguire and Andrew Garfield to the Marvel Universe.
Spoilers are the hardest things to avoid in Marvel movies, and even actors fall into the traps. Spider-Man actor Tom Holland infamously spoiled numerous Marvel storylines in the past — so much so that it’s become a running joke in recent No Way Home marketing stints.
Nonetheless, it’s nearly impossible to keep a tight lid on a film, especially when it’s related to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. For months, every Marvel fan has been speculating that previous Peter Parker/Spider-Man actors Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield will appear in Spider-Man: No Way Home, and one actor from the movie may have just spoiled it.
In the video above, J.B. Smoove from Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) and Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019) seemingly confirmed Tobey Maguire’s appearance in Spider-Man: No Way Home.
Last week, actor J.B. Smoove — who plays teacher Mr. Dell in Holland’s Spidey franchise — was asked during a red carpet event which Spider-Man actor Smoove was excited to see share the screen with Tom Holland.
Casually responding to this, Smoove said:
Tobey Maguire is, of course, the first live-action Spider-Man in director Sam Raimi’s critically acclaimed Spider-Man trilogy — featuring everyone from Willem Dafoe’s Green Goblin to Alfred Molina’s Doctor Octopus (both of which are appearing in No Way Home).
With numerous plot leaks and set photos shared on social media, fans believe that the three Spider-Man characters are crossing over into one multiverse in the upcoming Marvel movie.
It’s easy for actors to forget what they can and cannot tell the media and general public about their film involvements, but it’s entirely different when it comes to letting a massive plotline leak.
In recent weeks, Marvel has been on red alert after the No Way Home trailer was mysteriously leaked a day before its official release on the internet.
As a result, No Way Home became trending on every social media platform and shattered trailer viewing records previously held by Avengers: Endgame (2019)
In the official trailer for No Way Home, Alfred Molina’s Doc Ock appearance shook the internet. Countless fans began reposting the clip in which Molina says, “Hello, Peter,” but he definitely wasn’t saying hello to Holland’s Peter Parker.
Looking at the trailer, the clever editing of scenes makes it appear that Doctor Octopus suddenly appears on the freeway and attacks Tom Holland’s Spider-Man.
However, in reality, he is most likely talking to Tobey Maguire’s Spider-Man.
Marvel’s New York is set to feature the Sinister Six, which is comprised of Electro (Jaime Foxx), Green Goblin (Willem Dafoe), Lizard (Rhys Ifans), Sandman (Thomas Haden Church), Vulture (Michael Keaton), and Doctor Octopus (Alfred Molina).
The supergroup of iconic characters comes from three Spider-Man franchises, making it entirely possible for Maguire and Garfield to jump into the MCU.
In fact, inevitably, all three Spider-Men won’t share the same screen in No Way Home after seeing Sandman defend Peter Parker from Electro’s blast in the trailer — confirming story continuity from Spider-Man 3 (2007).
Without the help of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, like Captain America, Black Panther, Iron Man, or even Captain Marvel, Peter turns to Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch). Spider-Man and Doctor Strange accidentally open a rift in the Multiverse when a spell goes wrong in the Sanctum Sanctorum, unleashing a deadly batch of supervillains, like Alfred Molina’s Doctor Octopus from previous Spider-Man franchises.
Much like Captain America: Civil War (2016) and Avengers: Infinity War (2018), No Way Home will juggle an ensemble cast of heroes and villains while furthering the Marvel Cinematic Universe like never before.
The Marvel collection is growing with each new superhero film and series on Disney+. Marvel films are expanding after the events of Loki, and Marvel characters are being introduced to variants of each character.
When he's not in Disneyland, Alex loves to make YouTube videos, watch old movies, and play the guitar. In his spare time, Alex learns all things theme park history, travels Route 66, and listens to the Eagles! www.youtube.com/alexthelue
ITM now consists of multiple writers living near both Disneyland and Walt Disney World theme parks and around the world. This allows us to bring you the most interesting, entertaining, and unique entertainment experiences, covering theme parks, movies, TV, video games, special events and so much more.
© 2005–2020 JAK Schmidt, Inc. All rights reserved.